Monday, July 28, 2008

DID HE REALLY THINK HE WOULD GET AWAY WITH IT?




Man accused of bigamy after wives connect
CARY, N.C. (UPI) -- A North Carolina man who allegedly had two wives in towns about 15 miles apart is facing a bigamy charge after his double life caught up with him.

Dawn Stone-Wilkins, 32, who married Keron Wilkins, 30, of Clayton several months ago, told NBC17 in Raleigh she had begun to wonder why her husband would disappear for days at a time.

Then she got a late-night telephone call: "I said 'How did you get my number?' and she said 'Well I got it out of his phone.' I said, 'Excuse me?' She said, 'Well he's in the other room in our bed asleep, and I'm in our daughter's room.' I said, 'Excuse me?' She said, 'And I'm Keron's wife.' And I said, 'Well how are you Keron's wife when I'm Keron's wife?'"

Stone-Wilkins said she and Keron lived in Cary, a town about 10 miles outside Raleigh and 15 miles from Clayton. Chaka Wilkins has been married to Keron for eight years and have two children, ages 4 and 8 months, the TV station reported.

According to an arrest warrant filed Tuesday in Wake County Magistrate Court, Keron Wilkins is charged with one felony count of bigamy.

Copyright 2008 by United Press International

No comments: