Monday, September 1, 2008

NAME OF ONE, FACE OF THE OTHER




N.Y. man has McCain's name, Obama's looks
NEW YORK (UPI) -- A New York man says he shares something in common with both major U.S. presidential candidates -- John McCain's name and Barack Obama's looks.

The 40-year-old musician -- whose name just happens to be John McCain, same as the Arizona senator who is the Republican nominee -- said he repeatedly has been told he looks like Obama, the Democratic nominee, the New York Daily News reported.

"I travel to Europe a lot, and a few people have said I look like Obama," the lesser-known McCain said. "When people ask me my name, I always say John McCain, like the senator."

While McCain says he has not used his famous name and face for any sort of advantage, he admits it comes in handy when calling radio talk shows.

"Once I mention that I'm interracial and my name is John McCain, they put me right through," he told the Daily News.




Copyright 2008 by United Press International

No comments: