Tuesday, October 14, 2008

COLISION CON UN OSO Y VIVO TODAVIA



Montana Man Crashed Bike into Wild Bear
MISSOULA, Mont. (UPI) -- A 57-year-old man in Missoula, Mont., says he is lucky to be alive after accidentally crashing his bicycle into the side of a wild bear.

Middle school teacher Jim Litz said he often sees bears during his daily commute along a dirt road but he didn't' have time to avoid one of the animals that wandered into his way Monday, The (Missoula, Mont.) Missoulian said.

"I didn't have time to respond. I never even hit my brakes," Litz said.

The teacher said after the impact flipped him off his bike, the bear began clawing at him, apparently in confusion and anger. The attack left Litz with scratches and bruises over most of his body.

Litz said he was sore and a bit clawed up, but lucky to have survived - and he holds no ill will toward the animal.

"I was truly lucky, because I accosted the bear and he let me live," he told the Missoulian. "I truly respect them. They're beautiful creatures."

Copyright 2008 by United Press International

No comments: