Sunday, May 17, 2015

Teen Rafika Alami Has The Yearbook Quote To End All Yearbook Quotes


That's the only way to describe high school student Rafika Alami's senior quote in her 2015 yearbook. The 17-year-old, who goes to Summit High School in California, had an undeniably epic sendoff for her graduating class, writing: "Only reason I wear this is to give you females a chance."

As Teen Vogue put it: "Rafika seems to be suggesting that she levels the dating playing field by shielding part of her beauty with the veil—otherwise other girls wouldn't stand a chance at getting any attention."
"I just thought it would be kind of funny if I put it as my senior quote," Alami explained to The Huffington Post in an email Friday. "I meant it in no way offensively, just humorously. The reactions have been great. Most of the comments consist of 'slay' or 'GOAT' (Greatest of All Time). A lot of girls are telling me that I've inspired them to be confident, which makes me feel great. I think it's important that girls feel more confident."
The teen continues to raise the bar. On Friday, she announced on Twitter that she was accepted to University of California, Riverside.
Go girl.

No comments: