Thursday, March 26, 2015

Man finds whole potato in packet of crisps

An Aldi customer was rather taken aback when he opened his packet of crisps to find a single, whole potato. A customer of discount supermarket chain Aldi had quite the surprise when he opened a packet of crisps. Richard Bootman, 25, ripped open a packet of Snackrite steak and onion crisps only to find a whole potato – and nothing else – inside. Speaking with BT.com, the architectural designer from Mildenhall, Suffolk explained: “I picked it up and it was airtight so I didn’t question it. At first I thought it was a ball of soggy crisps. When I realised what it was, everyone in the office laughed.” Bootman posted images of the potato-filled packet on Twitter, and has ended up seeing his story reach the likes of Russia, India and Taiwan. “We couldn’t believe it. It is likely I will buy them again - brand doesn’t bother me with crisps. But I will feel up the pack before I open them," he said. Aldi later apologised and offered Bootman a full refund.

No comments: