Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Man won't give up his short shorts

KAMLOOPS, British Columbia (UPI) -- A Canadian yoga instructor says he will give up working out at a gym in Kamloops, British Columbia, sooner than give up his short shorts.

Mohd Abdullah, 48, told The Province he has received two warnings about his shorts since he joined the Tournament Capital Center a year ago. Officials at the gym said other patrons have complained Abdullah's attire is too short, too loose and shows a bit too much.

"I think it is discriminating and at the same time, I think it is a double standard," he said. "Here you have women that are wearing shorts that are half my size and with, excuse my lingo, the boobs half falling out -- and that's acceptable."

Abdullah teaches computer science at Thompson Rivers University and is also an instructor in pilates and yoga.

He said he owns six to eight pairs of shorts, one of them bought at Wal-Mart more than 10 years ago.

"I'm not going to change my style, not when I'm half a century old," he said. "I'm just going to keep wearing what I wear."



Copyright 2009 by United Press International

No comments: