Tuesday, March 25, 2008

POR UN ERROR EN ESCRIBIR SE PAGA $11,384 EN VEZ DE $113.84



Typo causes $11,384 utility payment
ORLANDO, Fla. (UPI) -- A Florida man said getting his money back proved difficult after he accidentally paid the Orlando Utilities Commission $11,384 instead of the $113.84 he owed. Larry VanFleet said a misplaced decimal point on the check he sent to the commission resulted in his bank account being cleared out, WKMG-TV, Orlando, Fla., reported Wednesday. "I thought I had been hacked," VanFleet said. "I didn't take long to realize that I messed up." VanFleet said he spent two weeks trying to get his money back from the company, but all he was offered was an $11,000 account credit. "I don't want an $11,000 credit to have my bill for seven years," VanFleet said. "I mean, come on." He said his complaints went unaddressed until he contacted the WKMG-TV Problem Solvers, who in turn put in a call to OUC. "When I got your call, I was amazed that somebody made that large of an error," OUC representative Sheridan Becht told the station. "We have had problems before and that's why we were careful not to issue payment quickly. We want to make sure that a check clears." VanFleet credited the Problem Solvers with convincing the company to return his money.
Copyright 2008 by United Press International

No comments: